Your 5 Favorite Things for the Next 5 Minutes
Five things that intrigue me right now:
1) This Appealing Headline. “The Atlantic’s online ad revenue exceeds print”
2) This sentence in Vanessa’s profile of Arianna Huffington. “It’s a feat — Huffington’s characteristic gift — to aggregate childbirth, Jeane Kirkpatrick, Tiger Moms, a cow, Nancy Reagan, and unconditional love into one surprisingly intimate, seamless skein, and it makes spending time with Huffington a pleasure, even if interviews with her can be stultifying.” (Also, this accompanying graphic.)
3) UC Davis Pepper Spraying from Multiple Angles. Like if Time Code were a documentary.
4) eBay buys Hunch. This one’s about as obvious as it comes. I know nothing of the back story, but I’m sure Amazon had a chance and passed because Bezos doesn’t overpay for anything. While I hope Hunch still seeks a consumer-facing solution, I’m pretty sure it will end up being integrated into eBay and slowly disappear.
5) Startup Angel Funding Rap. Check please!