Today's theme: Books and Movies and Vegans (in that order):
Book Magazine's 100 Best Characters in Fiction Since 1900. The first 10:
- Jay Gatsby, The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald, 1925
- Holden Caulfield, The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger, 1951
- Humbert Humbert, Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov, 1955
- Leopold Bloom, Ulysses, James Joyce, 1922
- Rabbit Angstrom, Rabbit, Run, John Updike, 1960
- Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1902
- Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee, 1960
- Molly Bloom, Ulysses, James Joyce, 1922
- Stephen Dedalus, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce, 1916
- Lily Bart, The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton, 1905
At the first glance of the headline, I thought that the newspaper chain Knight-Ridder had a movie coming out. While it's not that, the actual event is pretty weird: "Knight Rider": The Movie!
Harry Knowles has seen a rough cut of Star Wars Episode Two, and writes about it.
Burger King adds BK Veggie to menu.
Vegan Porn: "We at Vegan Porn don't want to suggest that adopting a vegan diet will get you laid - we want to go right out and say it - if you go vegan, you will get laid."