best blogs 2002
The 23 Best Blogs of 2002, cuz I said so:
- BoingBoing -- The Metafilter it's (really) okay to like.
- BlogCritics.org -- I hope it lasts.
- Anil Dash -- Not only is it full of ideas and fun, but Anil's fracas with Little Green Footballs will go down in the cult history of blogging.
- Gizmodo -- Gadgets, toys, and tech that makes me desire.
- BlogPlus -- The only entry in the distasteful category of "personal weblog," Plain Layne this year divulged her misconceived trip to Spain, her experiments with a shrink, her hunt for her birth mother, and her recent girl toy. JenniCam for the lit set.
- Link Machine Go -- I steal at least one link from here per week.
- E-Media Tidbits -- Instead of Romenesko or Lost Remote, this Poynter blog gets this year's media blog award.
- Tony Pierce -- He grew on me like creeping jenny.
- Magnetbox -- Interesting stuff that online media people create HREFs for.
- Moby Lives. The only replacement for Lingua Franca.
- Whedonesque -- All Buffy, all the time.
- Supermodels Are Lonelier Than You Think -- My single biggest guilty pleasure of 2002.
- NSOP. Always has something I haven't seen.
- Pitchfork. For your indie rock news needs.
- RobotWisdom -- An oldie, and still a goodie.
- Scrubbles.net -- Cultural ephemera worth it.
- Stephen Berlin Johnson -- Internet visionary finally gets a blog.
- SmartMobs -- See above.
- Muxway -- Short, fast, good.
- Emmanuelle.net -- She makes me practice French.
- wood s lot -- Ageless.
- Talking Points Memo -- "Blogging as journlism" was the most over-hyped story of the year, but any list of 2002 must include one of those guys, so here's the one that matters most.
- Metafilter -- I'm trying to make a point by putting it at the bottom.